The 2017 PIA Washington/Alaska and Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of Washington (IIABW) Joint Conference is September 20 - 22 at the fabulous Tulalip Resort in Marysville, Washington.
This is the only annual statewide industry event in Washington. The event’s title sponsors are Liberty Mutual and Safeco.
As always there are dozens of reasons to attend. One of the most important is Thursday’s keynote speaker and industry panel.
The keynote speaker is Olympic gold medalist Phil Mahre. When pursuing success in business or life in general, the Yakima, Washington native says you can expect obstacles, victories and triumphs, learning from each. Mahre shares how being an Olympic gold medalist and his years of competing taught him how to overcome life's challenges to be successful.
Mahre was named to the US Ski Team at age 15. Phil competed for nine seasons at the international level and retired after the 1984’s Olympics. His story is a good one and is based upon an impressive list of accomplishments:
• 1984 Gold Medalist in Slalom Sarajevo Olympics
• 1980 Silver Medalist in Slalom Lake Placid Olympics
• 1980 Combined World Champion Lake Placid World Championships
• Three time Overall World Cup Champion 1981, 82, 83
• 7 Discipline titles (2 GS, 1SL, 4 Combined)
• 27 World Cup wins, 69 podiums
Another not-to-be-missed event is the insurance company panel. Leaders of four of the region’s biggest insurers will take an in-depth look at industry trends and what lies ahead for the industry. The panelists are:
• Ryan Dudley, President, Grange Insurance Association
• Ken Koehler, President NW Region, Liberty Mutual Insurance
• Rick Smith, Regional President, Travelers
• Eric Ummel, Regional General Manager NW Region, Safeco Insurance
The PIA and IIABW are encouraging agents/brokers, CSRs, and marketing reps to attend. This is an important and inexpensive way to help them:
• Network with insurance professionals from agencies and companies
• Learn about the latest products and services available
• Learn from nationally recognized speakers about industry trends and issues
Here is the schedule — Wednesday, September 20:
1 – 6 pm Golf Tournament - Cedar Crest Golf Course
7:00 pm Welcome reception
Thursday, September 21
8:00 - 8:45 am IIABW & PIA Annual Membership Meetings
9:00 - 12:00 pm General Session
The keynote speaker is Olympic gold medalist Phil Mahre. The morning session also features a company panel with Rick Smith of Travelers, Ryan Dudley of Grange, Ken Koehler of Liberty Mutual and Tyler Asher of Safeco
12:00 - 1:30 pm Awards Luncheon
1:30 - 4:30 pm Concurrent Workshops on Business Interruption Insurance for 3 CE in WA and
The Leadership Advantage.
4:30 - 6:30 pm Winetasting Reception and dinner on your own
8:00 pm Hospitality Suite
Friday, September 22
7:00 - 9:00 am Exhibitor set up
7:00 - 9:00 am IIABW Board Meeting & PIA Board Meeting
9:00 - 1:00 pm Trade Show exhibition with brunch
1:00 - 4:00 pm
Concurrent Workshops: Cyber Booth Camp for 3 CE in WA and Interoffice
Dynamics of Sales vs. Service.
Click here to register online.
Questions? Click here.