The Western Alliance is proud to announce CPIA designation courses will be available via webinar format beginning in January 2024 at piawest.com.
Check our calendar of events for course informatioin.
Registrations will be open soon!
CPIA - Certified Professional Insurance Agent
Empowering Insurance Professionals into the Future
The CPIA designation is first-of-its-kind, hands-on, how-to training. To earn the CPIA designation candidates are required to participate in a series of three, one-day seminars THE BEST PART IS NO EXAMS!
Completion is due three years from the first course.
These seminars are designed to enhance the ability of producers, sales support staff, and company personnel to efficiently create and distribute effective insurance programs. Participants leave with ideas that will produce sales results immediately.
While not a requirement, it is recommended that courses are taken in order.E&O Discounts apply for Utica National Policy Holders.
Each of the 3 courses are approved for 7 CE in
AZ | CA | ID | MT | NM | NV | OR | WA
Position for Success
Implement for Success
During this workshop, participants focus on internal and external factors affecting
the creation of effective business development goals.
Factors discussed include:
• current state of the insurance marketplace
• competitive pressures
• insurance carrier underwriting criteria
• consumer expectations.
During this workshop, participants learn:
• specific tools for analyzing consumer needs
• how to utilize risk identification techniques to gather pertinent prospect
• skills necessary to assimilate information gathered into customized coverage recommendations
• how to prepare a complete submission
• tips for preparing and presenting a comprehensive insurance proposal
This workshop focuses on fulfilling the implied promises contained in the insuring agreement.
• review methods of providing evidence of insurance coverage
• discuss policies and procedures for controlling errors and omissions including policy review and delivery, endorsements, claims-processing, and handling of client complaints
• learn how to calculate the lifetime value of a client and techniques for generating referrals.
CPIA Update Requirement
The Certified Professional Insurance Agent designation stands for professionalism, commitment to professional training and results, and technical knowledge. To maintain the right
to use the CPIA designation, designees must complete an update on an annual basis * or maintain a Ruby, Sapphire or Diamond level membership with the CPIA Program.
* CPIA 1, CPIA 2, CPIA 3, Special Topics:
An Agent’s Guide to Understanding and Mitigating Cyber Exposures
Disaster and Continuity Planning for Business and Families
An E&O Loss Control Program for Agencies