If pushed most of us would say the rudest drivers are found in the nation’s biggest cities. That just makes sense. Surprise. It does and it doesn’t.
Two of the rudest driving states in the union are in the West and bigger surprise — one of them is the PIA Western Alliance state of Idaho. And Idaho has the nation’s rudest drivers.
Idaho? Rudest drivers in the country. Really?
Yep. Or so says a survey of 2,000 drivers — men and women of all ages in all states — by Insure.com. Here’s the website’s list of the states where drivers are the most cantankerous.
1. Idaho — What’s ironic about being the rudest state for drivers is that Idaho has very low auto insurance premiums and the lowest of the five. Here’s what the report said: “Those who are moving so slowly that they're judged to be rude, and the aggressive drivers who speed around them and flip them off.”
2. Washington D.C. — has the highest auto insurance premiums on the list and the highest number of speeding tickets per capita.
3. New York — This state is not a high ranking surprise. New Yorkers are notoriously rude drivers and one pedestrian interviewed said “pretty much no driver in New York bothers to indicate before turning.”
4. Wyoming — It’s the least populated state in the country yet has the second-highest number of fatalities involving pickups and SUVs.
5. Massachusetts — In a state with thousands of vehicles have bumper stickers that say Mass-hole do we need to go farther? Massachusetts drivers tailgate more than other drivers in other states, hurry through yellow and sometimes red lights and refuse to let people merge.