It’s the only statewide industry event in Washington. Period. The 2015 IIABW/PIA Joint Conference is Thursday and Friday, September 17 and 18 at the luxurious Tulalip Resort in Marysville.
There’s plenty of room and this is a conference you don’t want to miss.
The conference starts Wednesday — the day you get this — so all you’ve missed is the annual golf tournament. The conference gets into full-swing on Thursday — the day after you get this — with the individual association annual meetings and a general session in the morning, the awards luncheon at noon and classes in the afternoon.
The not-to-miss, sold-out trade show kicks off at 3:30.
Friday opens with the trade show breakfast in the morning and classes in the afternoon.
Click here to go to the joint conference website and register.
Wednesday, September 16
1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Golf Tournament at Kayak Point Golf Course, Stanwood
8:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Thursday, September 17
8:00 am – 8:45 am
• PIA Annual Meeting
• IIABW Annual Meeting
9:00 am – 11:30 am
General Session/ Breakfast
• Welcome Remarks, Dale Kelley, CIC, PIA President and Mike Button, AIP, IIABW President
• Marketing to New Generations: Beyond The Boomers, Chris Amrhein, AAI, Amrhein and Associates Inc.
12:00 noon – 1:15 pm
• Awards Lunch
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm — Concurrent Workshops (Choose 1)
• Session A: Social Networking: OMG or E&O? (2 WA CE), Chris Amrhein, AAI, Amrhein and Associates Inc.
• Session B: Environmental Risks Come to Main Street and the Family Farm (2 WA CE), David Dybdahl, CPCU, ARM, MBA, American Risk Management Resources Network, LLC
3:30 pm – 6:00 pm
• Trade Show/Reception
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
• Hospitality Suite
Friday, September 18
7:30 am – 9:00 am
• PIA Board Meeting
• IIABW Board Meeting
9:00 am – 11:30 am
• Trade Show/Brunch
11:45 am – 1:45 pm — Concurrent Workshops: (Choose 1)
• Session A: The Big Picture: Valuing, Buying and Selling an Agency Today (no CE), Gary Jacobson, Vander Wel, Jacobson, & Kim, PLLC and Larry Morrison, MBA, CBA, CMA, Business Transition Network, Inc.
• Session B: Data Compromise and Identity Theft and Insurance (2 WA CE), Scott Ellis, Hartford Steam Boiler
2:00 pm– 4:00 pm — Concurrent Workshops (Choose 1)
• Session C: How the Insurance Industry is Addressing The Talent Crisis (in some unexpected ways) (no ce), Angela Arralde, CPCU, Capital Insurance Group
• Session D: Equipment Breakdown – Commercial and Homeowners Equipment Breakdown & Service Line Coverage (2 WA ce), Scott Ellis, Hartford Steam Boiler