We live in difficult times. Most of us are worried about more things today than our parents and grandparents. Worries always intrigue pollsters. They’re also a hot topic for insurers because insurance is about people.
And insurers worry about people and worry about what people are worrying about.
Always interested in worries, Aon looked at worries by talking to 800 employers. ObamaCare and what will replace it and what the new Congress has in mind for Medicare topped the list for 48% of those polled.
It was the largest percentage. Here’s what else Aon found:
• 17% worry about prescription drug costs
• 15% worry about excise taxes
• 10% are upset about possible tax exclusion limitations on employer-sponsored health insurance
• 8% worry about paid leave laws
• 2% fret over wellness programs
PIA members will be soon seeing an email from PIA National about what keeps you up at night. The association is partnering with National Underwriter Property & Casualty and Flaspöhler on the survey titled the 2017 National Underwriter/PIA Independent Agent Survey.
It promises a look at and deep and revealing insights from independent agents on:
• What they desire most from carriers
• How they perceive the P&C market and changing distribution channels
• How their commissions are structured
• What their greatest technology challenges are
• What they need to grow their books of business
You’ll receive the questionnaire in the mail this week — if you haven’t already — and are encouraged to do it and send it back.
PIA National President Gary Blackwell said, “PIA is pleased to partner with National Underwriter and Flaspöhler in this groundbreaking survey. This provides a powerful opportunity to PIA members to share their views with the entire industry and focus attention on their needs. I urge PIA members to participate.”
National Underwriter’s Editor-in-Chief Shawn Moynihan agreed and said, “As we near the finish line on this project, we want to hear from PIA members about the issues that concern them most and directly affect their agencies. When the link lands in your inbox, make your voice heard.”
Source link: Employee Benefit Advisor, PropertyCasualty360.com