BOISE, ID (June 15, 2023) – The Idaho Department of Insurance will hold a public meeting to receive comments on DOI’s Intent to Promulgate Rulemaking on Tuesday, June 27, 2023, from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm (MT). Both in-person and phone or virtual participation are available. Nine rules are being considered as part of the DOI’s plan to review each rule every five years.
There are no specific rulemaking changes planned by the DOI at this time except for evaluation and amendment consistent with the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-01: Zero-Based Regulation. It is anticipated that stakeholders may propose and advocate for rulemaking changes as part of the negotiated rulemaking process. The DOI intends to carefully consider all changes proposed by the public so long as they are consistent with the rules’ statutory authority and the Governor’s Executive Order.
The following rule chapters are germane to this rulemaking:
- 18.01.02 – Schedule of Fees, Licenses, And Miscellaneous Charges;
- 18.04.04 – Rule to Implement the Managed Care Reform Act;
- 18.04.08 – Individual Disability and Group Supplemental Disability Insurance Minimum Standards Rule;
- 18.06.01 – Rules Pertaining to Bail Agents;
- 18.06.02 – Producers Handling of Fiduciary Funds;
- 18.06.03 – Rules Governing Disclosure Requirements for Insurance Producers Fees;
- 18.07.06 – Rules Governing Life and Health Reinsurance Agreements;
- 18.07.10 – Corporate Governance Annual Disclosure; and
- 18.08.01 – Adoption of The International Fire Code.
The full notice is published in the June 7, 2023 Idaho Administrative Bulletin, starting on page 56, and additional information will be posted to the DOI’s website at https://doi.idaho.gov/information/regulation/leg/.
In-person participation for the public meeting is available at:
Department of Insurance, Conference Room A
700 W. State St., 3rd Floor
Boise, ID 83702
Web meeting link:
Meeting ID: 228 131 916 245
Passcode: hNKMzz Interested parties may submit comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.