The PIA Western Alliance is now offering courses to earn a CPIA designation. The CPIA designation is a hands-on, how-to training program for insurance professionals, producers, sales support staff, and company personnel.
To earn the CPIA designation, you are required to participate in a series of three, one-day seminars. All courses will be delivered via a live and interactive webinar format.
All courses deliver variable CE Course credits depending on your license state.
Here’s the best part. THERE ARE NO EXAMS!
Maintaining the designation requires the yearly attendance of one of the three core courses, or you will be required to attend specialized courses concentrating on Errors & Omissions.
The first class offering is April 4, 2024 and other class offerings follow throughout the year.
Here are the first three courses, and the outline for the courses.
CPIA 1 – POSITION FOR SUCCESS
During this workshop, you will focus on internal and external factors affecting the creation of effective business development goals. Factors discussed include:
- Current state of the insurance marketplace
- Competitive pressures
- Insurance carrier underwriting criteria
- Consumer expectations
CPIA 2 – IMPLEMENT FOR SUCCESS
During this workshop, you will learn:
- Specific tools for analyzing consumer needs
- How to utilize risk identification techniques to gather pertinent prospect information
- Skills necessary to assimilate information gathered into customized coverage recommendations
- How to prepare a complete submission
- Tips for preparing and presenting a comprehensive insurance proposal
CPIA 3 – SUSTAIN SUCCESS
This workshop focuses on fulfilling the implied promises contained in the insuring
agreement. You will:
- Review methods of providing evidence of insurance coverage
- Discuss policies and procedures for controlling errors and omissions including
- policy review and delivery, endorsements, claims-processing, and handling of
- client complaints
- Learn how to calculate the lifetime value of a client and techniques for generating
CE Credit is available in most states.
Each CPIA Component is $165 for current PIA members and $195 for non members.
Here is information on the CE credits per state: https://www.aimssociety.org/page/CEApprovalbyState
You can learn more about the CPIA designation by clicking this link — https://www.piawest.com/cpia-certified-professional-insurance-agent/