What is the Central Licensing Bureau?
For more than 10 years, PIA has partnered with Central Licensing Bureau (CLB) to help PIA members save time and money on their licensing needs.
CLB specializes in
- Agent/Producer and Agency Resident and Non-Resident Licensing
- License Renewals and Secretary of State Corporate Qualifications
- Third Party Administrator, Adjuster, Surplus Lines, and Managing General Agent licensing
Central Licensing Bureau (CLB) takes the hassle out of licensing so you can focus on selling insurance. Whether you operate in multiple states, maintain different types of licenses or have many agents in your firm, CLB can handle your agent licensing needs. Their end-to-end system will ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.
In 1982, Central Licensing Bureau, Inc. was created for one reason: servicing the insurance industry. For 30 years, CLB has provided the best in insurance licensing services for insurance companies, agents and corporations nationwide.
CLB’s knowledge of the licensing industry comes from its employees’ years of experience, many coming from insurance companies or the insurance department. From a simple information form, CLB can supply and complete all of your license applications. CLB will help you obtain and maintain all of your licenses.
CLB will provide PIA members a 5% discount on initial licensing services. This is only for initial licensing for agencies, agents, and filing with the Secretaries of State.
Services are billed on a per-license basis.
32 states require registration with the Secretary of State's office in order to obtain or maintain an Agency license.
Although no required to obtain a license in the remaining states, CLS recommends to qualify in all states in which you are getting licensed.
When registering with the Secretary of State, you are required to utilize a Registered Agent's office for Service of Process.
Central Licensing Bureau Renewal Monitoring program is a notification system.
CLB License Renewal Notifications are sent to the client approximately 60 days prior to the Expiration/Renewal date, reminding Agents to watch for State's Renewal Notices.
Once the agent forwards the executed renewal to CLB, we submit each renewal online or by submitting the paper renewal with a check. CLB's renewal services are billed on a per renewal basis at a charge of $25.00 for insurance license renewals and $60.00 for Secretary of State renewals.
How it works
- CLB will provide your PIA members an approximate 5% discount on our initial licensing services. This is only on initial licensing for agencies, agents and filing with the Secretaries of State.
- Discounts and commissions are not allotted on renewals and any ancillary services like address changes.
- Our services are billed on a per license basis.
- One individual is included when licensing an agency at $109.50 per license.
- Each additional individual is $40.00.
- 32 states require you to register with the Secretary of State's office in order to obtain or maintain an Agency license.
- Although not required to obtain your license in the remaining states, CLB recommends that you qualify in all states in which you are getting licensed.
- We charge $95.00 to prepare these filings.
- When registering with the Secretary of State, you are required to utilize a Registered Agent's office for Service of Process.
PIA Western Alliance
Bill Woodyard IV
Central Licensing Bureau
(501)664-8044 . email@example.com