Market Access | Growth & Profit Tool | AVYST eForms | Discount MVRs $1 | E&O | CE Discounts
- FACT -
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has found that half of U.S. flood losses occur outside the designated high-risk areas, and a Lloyd's of London report found only 1 percent of properties outside of the defined flood zones have flood insurance.
EVERYWHERE IS A FLOOD ZONE!
- The Hartford
Here are some of the benefits to writing your clients a flood policy through the National Flood Insurance Program:
While there are benefits for your clients, there are also benefits for you as a PIA member:
Guaranteed renewal through the NFIP
NFIP Policy accepted by banks
Cannot be dropped mid-term or during hurricane season
Not leaving the market
Will write business anytime, no moratoriums
Backed by the Federal Government
An ease of doing business with The Hartford’s easy online quoting and issuing
Hands on service from a dedicated flood sales executive and transfer specialist
Free zone determinations
On demand training and continuing education credits
Competitive PIA member commission rates
Q: Do I have to be a member of the PIA to take advantage of this service?
A: Yes. It's quick and easy to join the PIA and take advantage of all the benefits of membership. Did you know that if you are a member of the PIA Western Alliance that you are also a member of PIA National, too? That means even more benefits - find out now.
Q: How do I become a member?
A: We can get started right now! Contact Lori Elston at PIA Western Alliance at (888) 246-4466 x124 or email.
Q: Why should I move my flood book over to The Hartford?
A: Because Hartford does the work! Look what's in it for you:
- Dedicated book roll consultant who will work with your agency to determine the most efficient way to move your flood book to The Hartford.
- Hartford will collect required documentation needed.
- Hartford will bill existing clients 90-days prior to the expiration date.
- Hartford will customize a renewal letter on your agency letterhead.
- Hartford bill is sent along with agency-specific renewal letter instructing your clients that you, as the agent, are moving their federally-backed flood policy to Hartford and to pay enclosed bill.
- Once your client pays their Hartford bill, policy is issued on Hartford paper?
Q: Is the enrollment process easy?
A: Yes, very easy. Not only that, you'll be sure to get the best-in-class service that The Hartford is known for.
- Dedicated, local sales director for your territory to connect with and help grow your flood business.
- Training and continuing education credits - to help you understand your coverage.
- User-friendly, online access to processing systems - quoting, submissions and endorsement request plus, free zone determinations.
- Online chat for service questions and interactive, real-time input assistance.
- Hassle-free claims service - 24/7 claims reporting
Q: Where is this program available?
A: This program is available in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
Q: What is offered through the Hartford's Flood Insurance Service Center?
A: The Hartford offers the most advanced Internet services available including:
- Flood zone determinations
- Claims reporting
- Policy database download and maintenance
- Electronic application submission
- Electronic movement of premium commission funds
- Rating software download
- Production reports
- Assistance in obtaining elevation certificates
- Repetitive loss review
Q: Is there Hartford Marketing support?
A: Yes! PIA members have access to the Flood Insurance Marketing Support Center. The Hartford marketing support center will help you improve your agency's flood sales operation.
The Hartford is a participant in the federal Write Your Own (WYO) Program, part of the National Flood Insurance Program managed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). WYO flood policies are underwritten by the federal government and issued, sold, and administered by authorized private insurance companies, including Hartford Fire Insurance Company, Hartford Fire Insurance Company of the Midwest, and Hartford Underwriters Insurance Company. Accordingly, Hartford WYO flood policies are written subject to the rules, regulations, terms, conditions, and availability of the National Flood Insurance Program.
Market Access Growth & Profit Tool AVYST eForms
Discount MVRs $1 E&O CE Discounts