CPIA IS BACK IN THE
WESTERN ALLIANCE STATES!
It might be surprising to many that your personality plays a big part in how you sell. Whether you are modest, curious, goal oriented, confident, or instinctual, CPIA modules round out the best for insurance sales techniques. Consider earning a CPIA Designation to give you the advantage for improved sales goals and results.
The Certified Professional Insurance Agent designation stands for professionalism, commitment to professional training and results, and technical knowledge. The courses are a comprehensive hands-on, how-to training program for insurance professionals, producers, sales support staff, and company personnel. Designed to efficiently create and distribute effective insurance programs, you leave with ideas that will produce sales results immediately. To earn the CPIA designation you are required to participate in a series of three, one-day seminars – NO EXAMS!
CPIA 1 - POSITION FOR SUCCESS
CPIA 2 - IMPLEMENT FOR SUCCESS
CPIA 3 - SUSTAIN
CPIA 1 focuses on internal and external factors affecting the creation of effective business development goals. Factors discussed include:
• current state of the insurance marketplace
• competitive pressures
• insurance carrier underwriting criteria
• consumer expectations.
CPIA 2 focuses on these areas…
• specific tools for analyzing consumer needs;
• how to utilize risk identification techniques to gather pertinent prospect information;
• skills necessary to assimilate information gathered into customized coverage recommendations;
• how to prepare a complete submission; and,
• tips for preparing and presenting a comprehensive insurance proposal.
CPIA 3 is the final session that focuses on fulfilling the implied promises contained in the insuring agreement.
• review methods of providing evidence of insurance coverage;
• discuss policies and procedures for controlling errors and omissions including
policy review and delivery, endorsements, claims-processing, and handling of
client complaints; and,
• learn how to calculate the lifetime value of a client and techniques for generating
HOW TO EARN THE DESIGNATION
How to earn the CPIA Designation: Attend all 3 CPIA components to earn your designation. Maintain the designation by attending one of the three CPIA courses or special topic advanced courses yearly. CE Credit is available in most states. And the best part? There is no test!
Each CPIA Component is $165 for current PIA members and $195 for non members.
CPIA UPDATE REQUIREMENT
To maintain the right to use the CPIA designation, designees must complete an update on an annual basis * or maintain a Ruby, Sapphire or Diamond level membership with the CPIA Program.
* CPIA 1, CPIA 2, CPIA 3, Special Topics that include:
An Agent’s Guide to Understanding and Mitigating Cyber Exposures. Disaster and Continuity Planning for Business and Families
An E&O Loss Control Program for Agencies.