Greetings to all PIA Western Alliance Members
With the cancellation of the Annual PIA Advocacy day in D.C. this last April, the National Mid-Year Board of Directors meeting was postponed.
On June 24th the National Mid-Year Board of Directors Meeting was held virtually.
The meeting primarily consisted of a leadership update report which include the following:
1. Creation of a series of programs specifically designed to provide assistance to PIA members:
* Marketing and Communications Reimbursement Program
i. Launched March 31st
ii. Members use either PIA DMV: PIA’s Direct Marketing Vault or the PIA Design & Print Services (customized marketing) and are eligible to receive $250 reimbursement
* PIA Partnership – Members are eligible to receive $250 reimbursement for utilizing
i. Completion of Phase 2 = Agency Journey Mapping
* AJM identifies how agencies may plan for their own internal or external succession to achieve the goals of the perpetuator, the successor, and the staff and clients of the agency.
ii. Winning@ Talent
* The Independent insurance agent’s guide to hiring, motivating and retaining the best agency employees.
* 3-part toolkit
1. Update on legislative actions
* Actively engaged in the development of legislation to ensure emergency support for employees and businesses, including independent agencies
1. Expanded Communications
* Added videos, webinars, live video conferencing, infographics and social media platforms
The National Annual Board of Directors Meeting is currently scheduled for Saturday, September 26, 2020 in San Diego, CA. The decision to change this to a virtual meeting is still being decided.
Wendy Abel-Hatzel, AAI, CIC, CRM, MBA